DescriptionEntry RequirementsDelivery MethodRequired InformationCertificatesUnit of CompetencyBrochure
This course has been designed to provide the skills and knowledge for the safe identification, collection, storage, handling and emergency response of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances.
Unit of Competency
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods / hazardous substances
- Identification of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
- Class Diamonds, manifests and other documents
- Storage Requirements
- Handling techniques
- Emergency Procedures
- Incident Reporting Processes
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of theory based questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of activities.
The ability to;
- Report/record faults and defects according to organisational procedures
- Gain access to and interpret safety data sheets (SDSs)
- Access and understand company/organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Access and comply with WHS / OHS legislation
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
- Use literacy and numeracy skills to adequately interpret documentation available in line with State/Territory regulations, legislation and policies
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as Australian Drivers Licence or Medicare Card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Face to Face
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 6 hours including both theory and practical components. Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided access to a range of emergency equipment appropriate to the sites emergency plan and a suitable training room is available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
PARCOR offers TLID2003 Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances as a Self-Paced Online course. For more information please contact PARCOR on 1300 666 101.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Standard Operating Procedures for chemical handling
- Names of chemicals likely to be handled by the participants
- Safety Data Sheets of chemicals likely to be handled by the participants
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
The industry regards reassessment on a two cycle as good practice.
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods / hazardous substances http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFER008
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101