There is no doubt that along with all other industries, the Vocational Education and Training sector has had to adapt to change throughout the current Covid-19 pandemic.
But could some of these changes be here to stay?
So far we are receiving a lot of feedback from employers that the Virtual Classroom has been a great way to keep mandatory training ticking along all whilst minimising the face-to-face contact.
We are also finding that it has had many other side benefits such as;
- Training can be focussed towards smaller groups
- Typically lower course costs
- Employers are booking workers in from multiple sites and cost sharing between
- Student who have previously been rather introverted within the typical class setting have new and more private ways of engaging with their trainer
- Training can easily be segmented to limit the continuous time that workers are “off the factory floor”
- Training can typically be booked at a shorter notice which allows organisations to utilize what would have been down-time in unplanned shutdowns.
- Practical aspects of the training can be covered in multiple ways catering for on or off site assessment as well as self-collection of evidence.
Have you considered the benefits of using a virtual classroom?