DescriptionEntry RequirementsDelivery MethodRequired InformationCertificatesUnit of CompetencyBrochureCostBook Now
Working in and around confined spaces is a hazardous activity and is regulated by OHS/WHS legislation.
Confined spaces are generally things such as tanks, ducts, flues, silos, chimneys and other enclosed or partially enclosed structures. They pose dangers because they are not usually designed to be areas where people work. The hazards are not always obvious and may change with each entry to the confined space.
This course applies to persons who are required to enter confined spaces for maintenance, cleaning, inspection or other reasons. This course also applies to those persons who are required to perform the duty of the Standby Person.
Units of Competency
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- Legislation / Australian Standards
- Identification / Classification of Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Hazards and Risk assessment
- Gas monitoring / Ventilation
- Preparing confined space for entry
- Select, use and maintain protective equipment
- Permit Control Systems
- Entry Equipment
- Standby and Rescue Arrangements
- Finalising Permit
Prerequisites and Entry Requirements
MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit-assessment of this unit may be undertaken in conjunction with MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space
• Hold a current (no more than 3 years old) Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for Enter Confined Space or Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
• 18 years of age or older
• Ability to read and write and communicate in English
• Ability to perform numeracy tasks to the level of measuring gas levels, temperatures and exposure limits
• Ability to Climb ladders and/or other structures
• Ability to enter small, dark and confined areas
Participants shall be required to complete an enrolment form including providing a valid USI. Participants must provide photo ID to verify their identity. Participants shall be required to attend the entire session and complete all assessment activities.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Face to Face
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 6 hours including both theory and practical components. Training can be conducted both on or offsite provided a training room and confined (or simulated space) are available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Types of confined spaces onsite
- Confined Space Entry Procedures
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- JSEA or SWMS
- List of Confined Space Entry equipment used onsite
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment and wallet card issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
AS2865-2009 Confined spaces requires ‘persons…be reassessed at appropriate intervals’. Industry regards reassessment on a two-year cycle as good practice.
Where Can I View the Units of Competency?
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/MSMPER200
MSPER205 Enter Confined Space – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/MSMPER205
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/RIIWHS202D
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101