This course has been designed to provide the skills and knowledge for the safe identification, collection, storage, handling and emergency response of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances.
Unit of Competency
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods / hazardous substances
- Legislation and Australian Standards
- Identification of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
- Class Diamonds, manifests and other documents
- Storage Requirements
- Handling techniques
- Emergency Procedures
- Incident Reporting Processes
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of theory based questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of activities.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write and communicate in English
- Ability to perform numeracy tasks to the level of calculating volumes
- Ability to literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
Participants shall be required to complete an enrolment form including providing a valid USI. Participants must provide photo ID to verify their identity. Participants shall be required to attend the entire facilitated online session and complete all assessment activities. For additional Participant Responsibilities, please refer to the Participant Handbook on our website www.parcor.com.au/participant-resources
PARCOR offers TLID2003 Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances as a Self-Paced Online course. You will have 3 months from the date of enrolment to complete this course.
Face to Face
Face to Face training is also offered and will be conducted over a period of 6 hours including both theory and practical components. Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided access to a range of chemical handling situation, emergency equipment and a suitable training room is available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
The industry regards reassessment on a two cycle as good practice.
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods / hazardous substances http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFER008
What is the cost?
Online Self-Paced Delivery – $195
Face to Face – Contact us on 1300 666 101 or email@example.com
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101