The overall aim of the program being to provide the ERT with the skills and knowledge to be able to effectively undertake the Emergency Response functions in an emergency situation at the organisations site.
Units of Competency
PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies
PUAFER009 Participate as a member of a workplace emergency initial response team
PUAFER004 Respond to workplace emergencies
PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury
PUATEA001 Work in a Team
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
PUASAR025 Undertake Confined Space Rescue
PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- Breathing Apparatus
- Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
- Prevent Injury
- Work In A Team
- Work Independently
- Emergency Response Team Operations (This training is conducted off site and uses real fire with real scenarios to prepare your team to the highest level)
- Participate in a Rescue Operation
- Emergency Response Team Leadership
The ability to;
- Read, understand and complete workplace documentation
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Understand regulatory requirements
- Perform numeracy tasks to the level of measuring gas levels, temperatures and exposure limits
- Climb ladders and/or other structures
- Wear harnesses and/or other PPE as required
- Perform manual handling tasks and strenuous activities
- Comply with “AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment” requirements for maintaining a facial seal
There are no prerequisites.
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as Australian Drivers Licence or Medicare Card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
Due to the practical nature of this course, participants will be required to wear suitable attire such as long pants and work boots. Where appropriate other PPE such as High Visibility clothing, safety glasses and hard hats are to be worn.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
This is a training package delivered over a two-year period.
The program generally comprises one day per quarter on site per year and one day at a specialist facility.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFER008
PUAFER009 Participate as a member of a workplace emergency initial response team https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFER009
PUAFER004 Respond to workplace emergencies https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFER004
PUAFIR207 – Operate breathing apparatus open circuit https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR207
PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR210
PUATEA001 Work in a Team https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUATEA001
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUASAR022
PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUASAR025
PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR324
PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR308
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101