This course will cover theoretical and practical activities designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to recognise and control small workplace chemical spills.
- Identification of Hazardous Materials Incident
- Evaluate and assess a spill incident
- Hazard Identification
- Types of Spill Response Equipment
- Types of PPE
- Control and containment of spills
- Clean Up and Decontamination
- Disposal of waste
- Incident Reporting
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 2 hours.
Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided access to a range of spill response equipment appropriate to the sites emergency plan and a suitable training room is available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to training requirements, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Copy of chemical manifest on-site
- Copy of sample chemical risk assessment
- Copy of a MSDS relevant to site
- List of Spill Kit Contents
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Certificate of Completion for individual participants
- Certificate of Attendance for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212