DescriptionEntry RequirementsDelivery MethodRequired InformationCertificatesUnit of CompetencyBrochureCostBook Now
This course will cover both theoretical and practical elements of conducing low voltage rescue procedures and providing CPR to a person who has suffered electrocution.
Unit of Competency
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- Electrical Safety and Risk Assessment
- Maintenance and inspection of the low voltage rescue kit
- Correct use of the low voltage rescue kit
- Basic Life Support
- Airway Management
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Chain of Survival
- Use of AED
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of a workbook and verbal questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of practical activities.
The ability to;
- Communicate orally in order to make an accurate verbal report to emergency response services and workplace supervisor
- Read, understand and complete workplace documentation such as incident reports
- Perform numeracy tasks to the level of determining ratios and calculating the number of compressions delivered in a set time
- Perform manual handling tasks and strenuous activities such as chest compressions at ground level
It is important to note that the HLTAID units of competency do require a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment. These standards relate to the level of performance required to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
Due to the potential risk to health and safety where a nominated first aider, or worker with duty of care, does not have the ability to perform resuscitation and/or first aid to the performance standard, it is not appropriate to issue a statement of attainment to participants who are physically unable to meet the assessment requirements.
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as Australian Drivers Licence or Medicare Card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 5 hours including both Theory and Practical components.
Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided a suitable training room can be provided.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Types of First Aid equipment onsite
- First Aid Report Forms
- First Aid procedures
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment and wallet card issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
States using the Model WHS legislation and Code of Practice – First Aid in the Workplace require that refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommend that CPR training be undertaken annually.
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTAID001
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel – https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UETTDRRF06
Public Course Cost – $130 per person
Onsite Training – POA
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101