DescriptionEntry RequirementsDelivery MethodRequired InformationCertificatesUnit of CompetencyBrochure
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to provide advanced resuscitation, including the use of specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Unit of Competency
HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- Assessing an emergency
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques (CPR)
- Maintaining Resuscitation Equipment
- Airway and breathing management
- Use of Advanced Resuscitation equipment
- Legal Issues
- Recording vital signs
- Debriefing and evaluation of response to critical incidents
- Communicate details of an Incident
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of a workbook and verbal questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of practical activities.
Hold a current CPR or First Aid certificate. (Strongly Advised)
The ability to;
- Communicate orally in order to make an accurate verbal report to emergency response services and workplace supervisor
- Read, understand and complete workplace documentation such as incident reports
- Perform numeracy tasks to the level of determining ratios and calculating the number of compressions delivered in a set time
- Perform manual handling tasks and strenuous activities such as chest compressions at ground level.
It is important to note that the HLTAID units of competency do require a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment. These standards relate to the level of performance required to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
Due to the potential risk to health and safety where a nominated first aider, or worker with duty of care, does not have the ability to perform resuscitation and/or first aid to the performance standard, it is not appropriate to issue a statement of attainment to participants who are physically unable to meet the assessment requirements.
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as Australian Drivers Licence or Medicare Card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 8 hours including both theory and practical components. Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided access to a range of emergency equipment appropriate to the sites emergency plan and a suitable training room is available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Types of First Aid equipment onsite
- First Aid Report Forms
- First Aid procedures
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
States using the Model WHS legislation and Code of Practice – First Aid in the Workplace require that refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommend that CPR training be undertaken annually.
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTAID007
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212