DescriptionEntry RequirementsDelivery MethodRequired InformationCertificatesUnit of CompetencyBrochure
This course will cover both theoretical and practical elements of Emergency Wardens. The training covers the skills and knowledge required for those who act as Emergency Wardens within a workplace’s Emergency Control Organisation (ECO)
This course has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standards 3745-2010.
Unit of Competency
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- Types of emergencies
- Planning principles
- Effective emergency control
- Roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Control Organisation (ECO)
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the public emergency service
- Emergency Control Organisations’ system for preparing for emergencies
- Responding to emergency reports and signals
- Emergency evacuations
- Duties of wardens
- Human behaviour in emergencies
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of a workbook and verbal questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of practical activities.
The ability to;
- Report/record faults and defects according to organisational procedures
- Gain access to, and interpret, material safety data sheets (MSDSs)
- Access and understand company/organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Access and comply with WHS / OHS legislation
- Relate to a range of people from a range of cultural, linguistic, social and ethnic backgrounds, and a range of physical and intellectual abilities
- Interpersonal communication
- Communicate clearly by the means specified in the emergency plan
- Communicate effectively and assertively and show leadership in an incident
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
- Use literacy and numeracy skills to adequately interpret documentation available in line with State/Territory regulations, legislation and policies
- Perform manual handling tasks and strenuous activities
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as Australian Drivers Licence or Medicare Card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
Due to the practical nature of this course, participants will be required to wear suitable attire such as long pants and work boots. Where appropriate other PPE such as High Visibility clothing, safety glasses and hard hats are to be worn.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Face to Face training will be conducted over a period of 2.5 hours including both theory and practical components.
Training can be conducted both on or offsite site provided access to a range of emergency equipment appropriate to the sites emergency plan and a suitable training room is available for use.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will PARCOR Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Emergency Management Plans
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Nationally Recognised Training Summary for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
How Often Should Reassessment be Conducted?
AS2865 requires reassessment ‘at appropriate intervals’. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
Where Can I View the Unit of Competency?
PUAWER005B Operate as Part of An Emergency Control Organisation http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAWER005B
- 11 Clover Street, Lara VIC