This qualification reflects the role of individuals coordinating and maintaining the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The qualification applies to supervisors and managers who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Units of Competency
To be issued with BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety participants must complete the following 5 Core Units and 5 Elective Units.
BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
Elective Units on offer by PARCOR
BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- comply with WH&S legislation,
- identify hazards and how to assess and control risks,
- contribute to WH&S in a workplace environment, including
- aid in the implementation of WH&S strategies to control risks and emergency procedures.
The ability to;
- read, understand and complete workplace documentation
- explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- communicate clearly with others using various mediums
- understand regulatory requirements
All BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
Where pre-requisite units are not already held. PARCOR offers both RPL or Self-Paced Online learning in BSB41419.
You will be required to complete all assessment activities within one year from the time of enrolment.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, refer to the Participant Handbook.
Self-Paced Online Delivery
The self-paced online delivery method is suited to learners who are highly motivated self starters.
You will require access to a computer or tablet and a stable internet connection.
Throughout the program you will be required to read through the learning materials and then complete theory assessments and practical activities.
This course is also available via RPL. For those seeking RPL please contact PARCOR on 1300 666 101 to discuss your suitability.
Support from your trainer
Your trainer will be there to support you along the journey.
Firstly, they will organise a web meeting with you to talk about the best way to tackle the course.
Included in the price of the course is 4 x 30 minute support web meetings with your trainer. You will also be able to correspond with your trainer via email unlimited times throughout your course.
Additional support meetings can be booked at a price of $50 on as as needed basis.
What Will I Receive?
- A Nationally Recognised certificates shall be issued to you on successful completion of all assessment tasks.
Where Can I View the Qualification?
BSB51319 – Diploma of Work Health and Safety – https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB51319
Self-Paced Online Delivery – $1095
Self-Paced Online Delivery (including 5 pre-requisite units) – $1195
RPL – $POA
- PARCOR Training Facility
- Building 9, Avalon Airport
- 80 Beach Road, Avalon Vic 3212
- 1300 666 101