Remote learning to keep essential services working
As a safety training company, we understand that many of our clients fall into the essential services category.
We want to do whatever we can to ensure that your workers remain safe so that they can continue to keep our communities going.
To support your organisations ongoing safety training requirements and efforts we have developed ways for many of our courses to be facilitated remotely.
To assist us in meeting the demand for Remote Learning we have recommissioned our “old” Head Office location to act as a remote learning hub. We have also transformed an area at our Avalon Training Centre into a mini studio to allow us to produce short “how to” practical demonstrations.
Our aim is to always provide engaging training no matter what the platform or delivery method used is.
Our preferred application for conducting online sessions is Zoom however we are able to adapt to other systems such as Teams depending upon your organisations needs.
Here is a brief outline on how the Remote Learning Sessions are conducted.
- Participants enrol in the course using our normal student portal
- Participants receive a calendar invite and link to attend the session. They will also receive an electronic copy of the course resources
- Participants log into the session at the specified time
- Our trainer starts the session with “Online Learning Etiquette and House Keeping”
- Our trainer facilitates the session pausing on multiple occasions for Q and A.
- On completion of the Remote Learning Session participants complete theory assessments via their student portal or a hard copy assessment
- Practical aspects may be assessed by the upload of short videos, completed workplace forms and supervisor reports
The courses that we can deliver through Remote Online Learning Sessions are;
- Confined Space Entry
- Work Safely at Heights
- Gas Test Atmospheres
- Breathing Apparatus
- Emergency Warden
- Chief Warden
- Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
We are continually reviewing this list to ensure that we can help you, keep your people safe therefor keeping the community safe.
We have conducted a full review of our Training and Assessment Strategies to ensure compliance with RTO standards.