The training covers the skills and knowledge required for staff responding safely to hazardous materials incidents in the workplace and on-site HAZMAT emergencies.
Unit of Competency
PUAFIR320 – Render Hazardous materials incident safe
PUAFIR308B – Employ personal protective equipment at a hazardous materials incident
- Recognise a hazardous materials incident
- Identify and assess hazards
- Assist with the implementation of the plan for the mitigation of the HAZMAT incident
- Assist with the development of a plan for the mitigation of the HAZMAT incident
- Assist with the review of the plan
- Select and don protective clothing
- Don and test protective equipment
- Work in area of operations
- Complete operations
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of a workbook and verbal questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of practical activities
PUAFIR215 Prevent Injury
PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus
Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as drivers licence or Medicare card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
Due to the practical nature of this course, participants will be required to wear suitable attire such as long pants and work boots. Where appropriate other PPE such as High Visibility clothing, safety glasses and hard hats are to be worn.
For additional Participant Responsibilities, please see Participant Handbook by going to the following link www.parcor.com.au/participanthandbook.pdf
Face to Face training including both theory and practical components.
PARCOR caters for training onsite throughout Victoria including areas such as Melbourne, Geelong, Portland, Warrnambool, Colac, Bendigo, Ballarat, Horsham, Sale, Bairnsdale, Echuca, Mildura, Wangaratta, Dandenong, Frankston and Traralgon.
To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 12 participants.
What Information Will Parcor Require?
Due to the assessment requirements of the unit of competency, PARCOR will need to be provided with the following information prior to training commencement;
- Types of confined spaces onsite
- Confined Space Entry Procedures
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- JSEA or SWMS
- List of Confined Space Entry Rescue equipment used onsite
- Site emergency plan
What Will Your Organisation Receive?
- Statement of Attainment for individual participants
- Certificate of Compliance for your Health and Safety Office compliance file
WHERE CAN I VIEW THE UNIT OF COMPETENCY?
PUAFIR320 – Render Hazardous materials incident safe – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR320
PUAFIR308B – Employ personal protective equipment at a hazardous materials incident http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/PUAFIR308B
- 11 Clover Street, Lara VIC
- 72-76 Ryrie St Geelong VIC
- Level 10, Tower 4, World Trade Centre, Melbourne Vic